Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Manor Gardens Allotments petition

On 1 Mar, 17:22, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Boshers Allotments in Egham where given to the people by a wealthy local
Landowner decades ago in perpetuity but they have now been built on and the
plot holders given a new site some way along the same road on some Green
Belt land owned by the Council. The cynic in me says how long before it
happens again because that once Green Belt land is now a brown field site
and there is plenty of Council owned GB land along that road. Councils work
in mysterious ways.

Indeed - but look at what Boshers have now! I only wish my allotment
had a green for events and raised beds for people who finds it
difficult otherwise. But I don't want their rent. I pay £17 for a 10
rod ... And you, how much do you pay?

http://www.runnymede.gov.uk/portal/s...873acaf8ca028/