Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default urg meet

On 1 Mar, 21:46, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "
contains these words:

You are such a lady Anne, as you say, coarse, not the sort of thing my
hubsand would say, Officers know how to behave, he was brought up well
and did not serve in the ranks.

But it's a universally accepted truth that it's not the officers
that run the Army, but the Sergeants...

From the sergeants point of view you mean?

..for how long was your husband
'a Rodney' (as the sergeants refer to the officers), Judith? Bill
served for 36 years...

His name is Edward. Ranks always refer to Officers in that manner,
something to do with green eyes I belive?

...and I have never had any desire to be mistaken for 'a lady',
as anyone who knows me would tell you...I would, in fact, count
that as an insult! g

Insult? to be refrred to as well brought up and well mannered? g

Judith