Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default An empty Canvas.....

On 1/3/07 22:11, in article , "p.k."
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 1/3/07 16:54, in article
,
"p.k." wrote:

Sacha wrote:

If things are container grown, you can put them in at any time of
year.

Yes and no!

Yes: You can plant containerised at any time.

No: I you plant containerised in late spring/summer you need to
commit to a much more intensive watering programme than if you
planted in the winter/early spring, or better still in the Autumn

Yes, that's true but you can still plant them if you're prepared to
do that.

Hose pipe bans!

I had a client who wanted around £15k worth of planting done just at the
point the hose pipe ban was imposed in SW London.

Despite his protestations, I walked away from the contract.

The last one was lifted today, I think. But yes, a serious waste of money
and I hope the client lives to thank you once he's seen the damage that
could have been done. And I hope, too, he realises how lucky he was to have
someone so honest!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk