Old 02-03-2007, 04:50 AM posted to aus.gardens
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Is there a green way of getting rid of caterpillars?

On Feb 28, 7:59 pm, "gaap" wrote:
I have a lot of caterpillars in my garden. They are on natives and water
grasses. I have a pond close so am reluctant to use a poison.

Any suggestions?

Dipel ranges from great to useless depending on what caterpillars you
are trying to control and how big they are. It generally works better
on smaller caterpillars so spray early and often. Haven't tried it but
mollasses is supposed to be a good deterrent against caterpillar leaf
damage (google mollasses and caterpillars and you should find recipes
for mollasses spray).