Old 02-03-2007, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default urg meet

On 2/3/07 09:13, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 1/3/07 23:49, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these
words:

.for how long was your husband
'a Rodney' (as the sergeants refer to the officers), Judith?
Bill served for 36 years...

His name is Edward. Ranks always refer to Officers in that manner,
something to do with green eyes I belive?

Actually, they call them 'Ruperts'. Or perhaps that's a cavalry term of
'endearment'.

It may well be...in the Scottish Regiments they were known as 'Rodneys'.

Interesting. I'll ask my cavalry colonel of the regiment chum why it
should
be different. Do you have any idea why Rodney is used in Scotland?

--

Thought it was all to with Charles I and Rupert of the Rhine and Scotland.??

Really?! History *and* gardening!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk