Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default An empty Canvas.....

On 2 Mar, 12:31, "405 TD Estate" wrote:
I'm in Coventry, the garden faces south west.

At the moment with the sun in the sky the left fence (easterly one)
casts a big shadow over most of the garden and certainly that border.
The garden is meduim sized (sorry I'm not good at sizes...)

I would like a nice green lawn with shrubs/flowers in all 3 borders
(left right and back) but not to be too thick or it will take up too
much garden! Also a water feature and maybe a herb garden would be
nice.

I think looking at books in the lirbary is a good idea and maybe some
sketches...

I know it sounds pedantic but medium size tells us nothing, Try pacing
out its length and width that will give us a much better idea.
If you live on a new estate your garden could be 7 paces wide and 10
paces long. On an older estate it could be 10 paces by15., and with
old housing a medium size garden could be 10 paces by 30 paces.
An old country cottage could well have ar4ound half an acre as a
medium sized garden.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries