Old 02-03-2007, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Wastebin sensors

In message cqXFh.1206158$R63.603446@pd7urf1no, graham
writes

The Calgary council has just proposed using wheelies for re-cycling and
charging us about £10 per month. What a fuss that's causing!
We have separate recycling bins in every burb for newspapers, cardboard etc,
milk bottles (plastic) etc, and these are very popular. We pay a deposit on
booze and pop bottles so there is a very high rate of recycling for those -
the boy scouts come round after xmas to collect them to raise money, for
example.

I can remember getting tuppence back on every pop bottle.
--
June Hughes