Old 02-03-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Brussels Sprouts

On 1 Mar, 22:49, Janet Galpin wrote:
Yes, Peer Gynt is particularly early and can be ready from about
September onwards. In seed catalogues it usually tells you when a
specific variety will be ready. By growing about three varieties you can
have brussel sprouts from at least September to March. Some I've tried
are Peer Gynt and Oliver - ready August/Sept to November; Diablo - ready
Oct - January; Wellington and Braveheart - ready January - March. Times
are only approximate; they will overlap and depend upon planting times
etc. but should give some idea.

Great! I'll have a go at Peer Gynt and then next year will increase in
variety. Not sure we want to eat so much sprouts till March though g
Thanks again.