Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Wastebin sensors

On 2 Mar 2007 13:40:22 -0800, Dave Hill wrote:

I can't understand why councils don't double the charge for rubbish
disposal ...

Whoa there everyone already pays for rubbish disposal via their council
tax. It really gets my goat that I have to pay again for the disposal of
"bulky items" and pay again twice if said bulky item is a fridge or
freezer. I wouldn't mind so much if there was a "Household Amenity
Centre" within 10 miles but there isn't it's 30 miles away...

then offer reductions for items recycled.

Now I like that idea, we recyle paper, card, glass, metal, plastic (films
and bottles) and cartons. Food waste goes on the compost heap. Not very
much at all goes into the general waste bag, probably take us a month to
properly fill one.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail