Old 03-03-2007, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Re "I'm Back"

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
ups.com...

Since you were last here I have been gifted a dahlia! D. coccinea

palmeri If
you would like some, just say the word.
Nice to see you back (how on earth you managed with a dodgy knee

goodness
knows)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Thanks Charlie,
Sounds interesting, It would be interesting to see how it compares to
what I have as D. coccina.
It looks as if D,Coccina is going the way of Primula wandii, which for
so many years was a distinct plant, but now comes on many colours.
I saw seed of D. coccina on offer the other day in a mixture of
colours from white to red, yellow to orange and purple. it should have
been labeled D. coccina hybrids.

The plant I have came from a cutting off the plant in the national
collection so I assume they think its ok but I wouldn't know one dahlia from
another I will take some more cuttings once its back in growth and contact
you then.