Old 03-03-2007, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Garden Birds

On 3/3/07 00:18, in article , "Josie"
wrote:

Message from Sacha on Mon, 26 Feb
2007 21:35:08 Garden Birds:

However two days ago had a sparrow hawk perched on the main feeding
station - only seen the pigeons the last day or two.

They don't usually take wood pigeons, or so we're told, but they will take
collared doves.

I have actually seen a sparrow hawk plucking a rock dove in my back
garden

I'm afraid I've seen one doing that to one of our own white doves. In the
end, we had to get rid of them because the sparrowhawk obviously saw our
dovecote as a sort of running buffet.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk