Old 03-03-2007, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default What do you call the white stuff around an orange or grapefruit?

"Chris and Jacqui" wrote in news:81bba$45e95c3c$cf704776
:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there,
I was wondering, what do you call the white stuff around an orange or
grapefruit?
Seriously. I know its got to have a name, just wondering if anyone
could help. (then I'll be able to sleep!

Thanks
Eric

It's called pith.

Jacqui

And the peel part is called the zest. (Hey! It's the only word I knew!)