Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Frozen Lima Beans

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"James" wrote in message
ups.com...

This week the local supermarket has frozen veges on sale $1 for one
pound package. I was surprised to find that the regular price for
Lima Beans is $3.99. Maybe I'll plant some this season in addition to
my regular row of string beans.

Are they hard to grow?

Not hard to grow, but they take a long time to mature, so less turnaround
per acre, more money charged.

What are some easy recipes?

Google for "lima beans with mint". I had a recipe years ago, can't find it
now.

Or any recipe for "butter beans" as limas are called in the south.

George