Old 03-03-2007, 05:19 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Shade + Large Dog = New Grass Needed Redux. Zoysia?

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

Justin Wilson wrote:
Submitted by Calvin Finch, Ph.D., Manager, Conservation Division, Water
Resources & Conservation Department, SAWS, and Horticulturist

snip
resistant, and can go dormant in a drought. Zoysia is the most difficult
grass to mow. Emerald, a fine blade beautiful selection, has a texture like
steel wool. It mows best with a reel mower. Jamur and El Toro are two good

We have Emerald Zoysia and I have to strongly disagree with this
description. It's a wonderful grass to take your shoes off and go walk
on it. It's like walking on a very plush carpet.
While it does not need mowing it gets mowed once or twice a year with
our electric (corded) mower. No issues at all.

Where did you get it?
I'm pricing seed on line, I'd rather get it locally instead of paying
shipping. Our local Lowe's will not be carrying it. I called.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.