Old 03-03-2007, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton Paul Luton is offline

Default Garden Birds

In message
Josie wrote:

I also feed sunflower, but greenfinch numbers were down by 90% I'd say
in winter. Numbers are picking up now. The chaffinches in my garden
don't feed at the feeders but on the ground beneath them.

Our chaffinches do at least try the feeder with much fluttering. The tits
grab a seed and take it to a branch to eat and the greefinches just sit and
munch. The space underneath is popular with dunnocks and the blackbirds.

--
CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames