Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default What to plant next

In article ,
"Staycalm" wrote:

I am just pulling out my four cucumber plants as I was a bit careless and
watered too much of the leaves and eventually got wilt. I have a lot to
learn. Still, I had loads of cucumbers from them.
Can I plant a couple of different varieties of beans in the same place? How
should I prepare the soil? There is a wired support going across the bed.
I am in Melbourne.

I agree with Johnno. I tend not to prepare much for legumes; they don't like
rich soil. My next experiment is to plant some Scarlet Runners (possibly
today). I haven't worked out when is a good tiime to plant climbing beans in
Sydney; I think our summers are too humid and will try them now.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue