Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
Staycalm Staycalm is offline

Default What to plant next

"Geoff & Heather" wrote in message
Staycalm,
From my recollections of gardening in Melb its probably a bit late for
runners, and perhaps a bit early for broad beans. The broad beans will
grow well through winter, but even if you don't plant them until Jun/Jul -
they will still crop about the same time - Oct/Nov As per others
comments - winter greens could go in now - you should be able to get crop
of broccoli or cabbage before you plant the broad beans. Caulis could also
go in now but usually take a bit longer to grow.

Thanks Geoff.
I went online and did some research on broad beans so I was pretty sure I'd
be waiting a while before planting. It is still so warm here.
I have had some brocolli in for a month already. It was possibly too early.
There is no head forming yet. How long does that usually take?

Liz