Old 04-03-2007, 09:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
jones jones is offline

Default hedge question please

Between the side of our house and ours/neighbours side fence we have a
walkway 5 feet wide. Side of house faces north.

Beside the paling fence I have approx 18 inches of soil with various untidy
plants. What I would like to know is what I can plant there to replace what
I have and doesn't need much looking after, e.g. a narrow hedge that I can
keep trimmed, but need it to grow 5-6 feet high, no higher as I cannot reach
further up.

My problem also is that I don't want something that will end up making the
walkway only 2 feet wide. Would something like Murraya Paniculata do for
there?

Thank you for any help given.

Katherine