Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Olive tree

On 3/3/07 16:38, in article
, "Dave Hill"
wrote:

On 3 Mar, 15:57, Sacha wrote:
Ours is in flower. In the garden!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Mine are not even showing bud, but they are exposed and still
recovering from last winter which was their first outside.
I have 5 more to plant out this year and that will be my Olive grove
finished, 16 trees, though some are much happier than others.
This year I brought back from Malta 1 named Orange tree, 1 tangerine
and 1 lemon tree as well as 2 un-named perennial trailing lobelia,
different to any I have seen here in the UK.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

I like the idea of an olive grove in Wales. ;-) They've suddenly become
terribly popular and I wonder why. Funny how things become fashionable,
even in gardening. What is different about the lobelias, David and do you
think they'll be perennial here or is that what you're waiting to see?!