Old 04-03-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
JohnS JohnS is offline

Default Advice please?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Kevin" wrote in message
I have an area of garden that has been covered in bark chips. I now wish
level and raise it slightly with a layer of top soil prior to seeding as
lawn.

Will it be OK to cover the bark chippings?

Advice please?

I'd get rid of them, which should be THAT difficult with the correct rake.
How big is this area?

Why remove them? They rot into humus under the cover of topsoil, good for
the grass.

Hint: Teenagers are always looking for work, it seems. Got any in your
neighborhood? Sometimes, high schools post odd jobs that people need done.