Old 04-03-2007, 11:55 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default bulk cow manure in Sydney

FarmI wrote:

"The most common wormer used is known by the brand name Ivermectin® made by
the Merial Company. Merial's research shows that the active chemicals in
Ivermectin® are deactivated when manure is exposed to sunlight. Equine
studies show that 95 percent of the active chemicals in Ivermectin® are
deactivated in the horse before being passed in the feces. Leading experts
in vermicomposting believe that the concentration of Ivermectin® in the
horse manure is not high enough to seriously injure Eisenia."

HTH. From my own experience, I'd say try it, you'll like it.

I will.

Otterbot and I both swear by horse manure as being a wonderful amendment

So did my uncle last night, so that is three saying it is best.

I can understand the public liability aspect but I wonder what diseases they
have in mind. Can't think of any zoonoses but I guess they could be
thinking of tetanus I suppose.

I don't know. A few years ago, public liability insurance went throught
the roof and lots of people just closed access on many freebies as a
precaution. You just have to accept that the world has changed for the
worst.