Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Shade + Large Dog = New Grass Needed Redux. Zoysia?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:24:04 GMT,
(Scott Harper) wrote:

In article , Jangchub wrote:
No turfgrass will thrive in shade other than St. Augustine. I have
known people to plant dwarf monkey grass in shade to replace turf, and
it can be mowed, but not sure about the trampling of your beauty dog.

I have zoysia planted in heavy shade under some large oak trees and it thrives
just fine. It even spreads pretty well. It is the larger bladed version of
zoysia... I think El Toro and Palisades are two of the varieties.

scott

I stand corrected. I was not aware of these varieties. It is a
rather dense grass.