Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Garden Birds

On 4/3/07 19:22, in article
, "Sue"
wrote:

"K" wrote
Sue writes
I was thinking only last week that this winter we've had far fewer
birds come to the feeders and birdtable. Whether that's because the
weather's been mild enough that they've had plenty of natural food
around I don't know.

BTO were predicting earlier that we'd get fewer birds at garden
feeders this winter for that very reason

It's good to know they're probably still all out there somewhere. I miss
seeing the great spotted woodpecker the most. Last winter we had one
come regularly to the peanut feeder, but hardly seen it this year. The
green ones have still been aerating the lawn now and then.

We have a woodpecker very close to us. I'm not sure which it is greater or
lesser spotted because we rarely see it. It seems to be working like a
demon on some tree or other nearby and it's ratatat is to be heard
frequently.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk