Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default OT children's swings etc.

In message , Sacha
writes
The older grand daughter has a 6th birthday coming up and we know that a
swing and climbing frame would be welcome. They have a tiny garden, so
bearing that in mind, could modern parents let me know what they have found
to be the best for their children's needs, safety being paramount, of
course!

Ahh, it was big'uns 6th birthday last weekend. They got a lovely
playhouse from my mum and dad as combined birthdays/xmas present

I'd recommend having a look at TP toys range, everyone I know who has
their products is very happy with them. Quality of construction, of
materials, the instructions, and customer service is very good.

http://www.tptoys.com/

We bought a climbing frame 4 years ago - A Challenger frame and slide:

http://www.tptoys.com/outdoortoys/st...allenger_climb
ing_frame/

and it's been great. Thought this might not be for them if the garden
is too small, but there are other TP options. You do need to remember
that you needs to have space around the frame as well. If I was choosing
just one option, I'd probably go from the climbing frame as opposed to
swings. Though if space is real push, s single swing is going to be the
most compact option. Though tP do a combined climbing frame/swing as
well.

We also have a large TP swingset as well. Bought cheap off of Ebay a
couple of years ago. It is probably about 15 years old. Some bolts
needed replacing, and some of the ropes broke this year, and the swing
seats are looking bit dodgy, but the frame and everything else has
lasted well

TP aren't cheap, but they are good value and will last, used ones often
sell for quite high prices on Ebay. I wouldn't worry to much about
looking out for sales or cut price deals, there don't really seem to be
any very much.
--
Chris French