Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected][_2_] hairyarms@aussiemail.com.au[_2_] is offline

Default What makes capsicums bitter?

I have just eaten a meal (stir fry vege) that included some capsicums
cut freshly from the garden. All looked excellent inside and out.
All are the same batch of seeds that I assume have the same
provenance. Some bits were fine, some were bitter, I cannot tell if
the bad uns were from the same fruit or not. What does this?

I will start doing taste tests to see if it is particular plants or if
there is anything else that the bitter ones have in common, until then
I am baffled.

David