Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Shredders - Bosch vs Ryobi.

In article ,
"Charlie Pridham" writes:

| Definitely one of the quiet types not so much for the noise reduction its
| just a better method of shredding they use. as to which manufacture, don't
| know I am still very happy with our Bosch 2200 but have never seen one of
| the others.

Agreed. I have a few niggles about the Bosch 2200, but it has started
to look well-used in a mere 3 months! From the specifications, the
Bosch 2200 uses a slightly different and slightly superior method to
the Bosch 1600 and 2000.

While you can compost twigs directly (and I did until this winter),
that DOES need a lot more time and space.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.