Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Identify a broom

On Mar 5, 6:09 pm, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:
"Robert" wrote in message

...I wonder if anyone can identify this broom? We have the common broom
Cytisus scoparius and this single shrub which we are struggling to put a
name to. It is quite distinct from the common and Spanish brooms in that
the twigs curl. A Google image search did not produce anything obvious.

Here are 2 links to an image of it - the first one is 213 Kb
http://www.pbase.com/rbel1/image/75228486/original

and the second just 73Kb for those with dial-up connections
http://www.pbase.com/rbel1/image/75228486/medium

Grateful for any feedback.
--
Robert

Is the broom (cytisus) a bit of a red herring.
It doesn't really resemble a broom .The colour seems wrong --does it
flower.?
Probably common as muck and someone will ID it soon:-)

I think it is a broom, it's one of the only shrubs that I have grown
from seed given free in a magazine years ago. I have a friend who
might know so I am off to send an email. I'm by no means an expert
but one will be along in a minute.

Judith