Old 27-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default how to sustain a good C02 rate with cold floor?

I have a 15 gallon aquarium and keep it 25-30ppm no problem for almost 2
weeks with just regular baker's yeast.

Thanx for the idea about the reptile heating pads...I think I'll do that for
the concrete floor.

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

"SLEngst" wrote in message
For heating, I've found that reptile tank heating pads work well for

mainting
CO2 bottles at a nice warm temperature. I put them in a box under the

bottles
and stuff insulation around the bottles.

Why your CO2 is fizzling out so soon, I don't know except, perhaps the

type of
yeast. I mix regular bakers yeast with a Canadian wine yeast. Bakers

yeast has
a quick take off; the wine yeast last longer. If you need the brand name

of
the wine yeast, let me know.

Hope this helps.