Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default some interesting garden sites

"mleblanca" wrote in news:1173125911.035835.223010
@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 5, 7:12 am, FragileWarrior
wrote:
"mleblanca" wrote in news:1173060089.633643.106590
@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

There are some interesting garden sites listed in this month's
Garden Design magazine. Technically I guess they're 'blogs'
You might look at these:

gardenrant.com

seedhead.com (I enjoyed the Nurseries to Know section)

something to do when you're not gardening - or waiting for
Spring.

Garden Design also had an interesting article this month
on 100 new plants.......some tempting beauties there!

Emilie

I never heard of that magazine. Where did you find it?

It's sold "wherever fine magazines are sold" I know Barnes &
Noble sells it.

Oh, man, I haven't seen a Barnes & Noble in a 'coon's age. I am living
in the middle-of-nowhere, Indiana.

You could take a look at gardendesign.com/
It sells for 5.99 an issue, but I see they have an online special for
7 issues for 11.97. I subscribe to it.
Alot of people don't like it and say its "too slick"; I guess
that means they have very modern/minimal/archetectural
styles sometimes; its not all cottage garden. Thats why I like
it; it gives alternative ideas. some I like, some I don't but I
like to see what's going on around the world.

This month there is a great article on the gardens of Bali.
(didn't we have a rather odd post bali??)
I usually find some idea that costs a lot that I can do myself
for very little using recycled/found "stuff"
Photos are always superb.

Emilie, who does not work for GD!!

Great, I'll go over and check it out. Thanks.