Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens
Glen C Glen C is offline

Default Silver Leaf Vine

I have this very annoying vine that is growing all through my garden which I
can't kill.
I have tried a vew different weed killers and none of them are working....
it kills the weed, but within a 1-2 weeks the vine comes up again and again
multiple times....

I tried digging for the bulb and found a few but a lot I didn't find....
when I try to dig and dig it breaks in goes through a small crack in a rock,
then thats as far as I get....
I found a few... they are huge... one was a bit smaller than a tennis ball,
another few golf ball sizes... But there must be HEAPS more of these
nasty thing under the dirt but I can't kill them.... anyone got any magic
cures on how to kill the bulbs? I spray poison every week which doesn't
make much difference...

My mum took one of the bulbs home and tried to grow it in a pot... after a
couple of months or more... her's only grew about 20cm.... mine do that at
least in 2 weeks.... She was just interested to see it grow elsewhere...
and try to find out what it is... She saw something similar it at a nursery
and it was called a "Silver Leaf Vine"..

I have been able to find very little information about this on the internet,
but I'm despritye to get rid of it...
Any got any suggestions?

Thanks
Glen