Old 06-03-2007, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Moon Lily or Devils Trumpet??

"Bill" wrote in
ink.net:

When I was younger my mother had flowers she called moon lily's, I
believe these were devils trumpet, they bloomed only once per night
and had a great delicate smell, I have some seeds that have been kept
in a freezer for a couple of years, will these seeds still be good for
producing a plant.

thanx
bill

Take a few and put them in a damp -- damp, not wet -- paper towel, put
them in a zip lock bag and see what sprouts. (You might want to open the
bag occasionally to make sure nothing goes moldy.) The usual number for
doing this is ten if you have that many to spare. Count the sprouted
ones (say, six out of ten) and you will know you have a 60% viability on
the seeds.