Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default RESULT: rec.ponds.moderated will be created

Reel McKoi wrote:

Sober up......... alcohol and putting other's down because they wont do
as you want them to isn't the answer.

Get a grip girl......saying that "do I drink alcohol (well yes I do)" -
does not indicate that someone is a drunkard however much you want to
twist things......it means that I drink the odd glass of wine or beer on
occassions....the only person who would twist this to make it evil is
someone who has had a bad experience with someone with an alcohol abuse
problem or someone wishing to score points and bad mouth someone....and
I am not into demeaning or belittling those that have this experience or
problem....in fact they have my sincere sympathy - using such an
affliction to score points in some sort of fantasy game is wrong and
bad......you may not drink but you have just condemned thousands of
others that do in moderation with your silly point scoring.....and you
have insulted all of those that do have a problem by belittling the
trauma that they are going through just to score points.....but I'm sure
this goes right over your head so I don't even know why I am bothering.....

As for muppet being an insult....I rather thought they were cute puppets
with attitude....if you think it is anything more then take up your
gripes with Henson......but I guess we all see it as we read it.....and
sometimes we read it wrong.....but I cannot dare say this as it suggests
bias and an attack....

Gill