Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.politics.misc

Default Kill It, Cook It, Eat It

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 05:57:49 +0000, Derek Moody
wrote:

In article .com,
Philip H Hart wrote:
On Mar 5, 7:35 pm, "Pete ‹(•¿•)›"
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:20:08 -0000, "pearl"
wrote:

SLAUGHTER.. LIVE ON TV
EXCLUSIVE Schoolkids weep as pig is butchered, skinned
& eaten
By Jenna Sloan
LIVE animals are slaughtered in front of horrified school-
children in a new TV shocker.

Somewhat emotive. Kids generally enjoy being 'horrified', the fascination
and so on is just another version of the 'Dr. Who from behind the sofa'
sensation. We were taken to the local slaughterhouse as kids, we weren't
allowed in until straight after the bang as they didn't want the beast
scared by a noisy class but most of us shut up when we saw the bullock
rolled out of the crush still twitching.

Oddly, I think more of us were more impressed by our visit to the shoeing
smith, a brave man to handle a massive, presumably bomb proof, draught horse
in front of twenty boys. The fire, noise and smell of scorching hoof was a
real surprise to most of us.

After the animal is dead, a butcher carves it up and cooks it -

Now that is disgusting. It will be practically inedible and taste nothing
like they are used to. I hope he really cheats and serves some of one he
killed earlier that has been properly hung. Giving someone hour-dead pig
to eat is likely to put them off eating pork for ever.

Let's hope they show some halal and kosher ie.truly barbarous
slaughter.

Overy emotive again. It needn't be any more dramatic than 'conventional'
slaughter.

Then kids will realise how ethical eating game one has
hunted oneself really is ie. bushmen, Inuit, kowri and other
aboriginal peoples who are often thought of as uncivilised by townies.

The strange rules townies come up with are directly opposed to sensible
eating. A while ago we were involved with a series of school parties on
field trips -

I find that hard to believe, given your record! Give us the name of
the school concerned, and lets see if you are telling porkies? I know
for a fact, with your record, you would not pass the *protection of
children, and the vulnerable* requirements.

So lets have it. The checks wont take long.

--

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

Disclaimer

Pete has taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published by him
were accurate on the date of publication or last modification.
Other pages which may be linked or which Pete may have published are in
a personal capacity. Pete takes no responsibility for the consequences
of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information
published on any of these pages, and such information does not form any
basis of a contract with readers or users of it.

It is in the nature of Usenet & Web sites, that much of the information is
experimental or constantly changing, that information published may
be for test purposes only, may be out of date, or may be the personal
opinion of the author.
Readers should verify information gained from the Web/Usenet with the appropriate
authorities before relying on it.

Should you no longer wish to read this material or content, please use your
newsreaders kill filter.