Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.politics.misc
(o)(o) (o)(o) is offline

Default Kill It, Cook It, Eat It

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:36:22 GMT, "Redman"
wrote:

"Philip H Hart" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Mar 5, 7:35 pm, "Pete (.¿.)"
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:20:08 -0000, "pearl"

SLAUGHTER.. LIVE ON TV
EXCLUSIVE Schoolkids weep as pig is butchered, skinned
& eaten
By Jenna Sloan
LIVE animals are slaughtered in front of horrified school-
children in a new TV shocker.

Graphic scenes from BBC's Kill It, Cook It, Eat It show
smoke coming out of a pig's head as it collapses after being
electrocuted. Abattoir staff then hang the twitching animal up
by its legs and cut its throat, sending blood gushing to the floor.

Audience members including schoolkids watch behind a glass
screen and some weep as the pig is thrown into boiling water
and skinned. Earlier a film showed the same animal as a cute
piglet.

Yeah I forgot like lad, most kids think meat is made by Tesco, Asda etc,
ffs, they need to live in the real world. Molly coddled kids nowadays,

I agree. Watch the program "not in my day", it's a very good insight
into bad parenting these days.

Christ I was killing, skinning and eating my own catches when I was a
youngster.

You never grew out of it?

Kids need to get out more not sitting in front of a TV or
computer screen all day.

It should be compulsory that they get away from the TV.