Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default Physalis

One of my husband's colleagues planted some seeds he got from a Physalis
fruit bought from the supermarket.

He didn't really think they'd germinate, but he got several seedlings,
one of which he kindly gave to us.

He seemed to think they were an indoor-only plant, but I thought they
grew outside too - any thoughts on if/when I should plant it out please?

It's currently in a pot on the kitchen window ledge.

If it should get to the fruit-producing stage would it be advisable to
eat said fruit ?

Thanks for any advice.

--
Carol
"Never trust a man wearing leather shorts and a plastic dressing gown"