Old 07-03-2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cearbhaill Cearbhaill is offline

Default Diseased Maple Tree?

"scfundogs" wrote in message
The bad news is that I like the natural look of grass growing around tree
stumps. Also I haven't figured out how to keep my St. Augustine grass
from ignoring mulch. I really don't know how landscapers keep this grass
at bay. I don't see them hand-weeding all these commercial landscapes.

I have St. Augustine and lots of trees w/mulch. Best thing is to use some
sort of tree ring border that you can weedeat against- those runners are
very aggressive.

If you don't use a border of some sort you just have to edge frequently.

--
Toni
South Florida USA