Old 08-03-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Shredded Paper in Compost Pile

Goomba38 wrote:
I understand I can put my shredded paper (bills and that type stuff) in
the compost pile, right?
Any limitations on how much? My compost pile is newly started and I've
not composted in far too many distant years past so wanted to double check.

Treat it like any other "brown" component of your compost. I used to
compost newsprint many years ago by putting it through a big shredder
and then wetting it down and adding a "starter", usually animal manure.
Don't use plastic or the windows on windo envelopes. Everything shredded
in my office goes to the compost heap even today.

George