Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Old Codger Old Codger is offline

Default Kill It, Cook It, Eat It

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article .com,
Philip H Hart wrote:
On Mar 5, 7:35 pm, "Pete �(�¿�)�"
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:20:08 -0000, "pearl"
wrote:
SLAUGHTER.. LIVE ON TV
EXCLUSIVE Schoolkids weep as pig is butchered, skinned
& eaten
By Jenna Sloan
LIVE animals are slaughtered in front of horrified school-
children in a new TV shocker.

Somewhat emotive. Kids generally enjoy being 'horrified', the fascination
and so on is just another version of the 'Dr. Who from behind the sofa'
sensation. We were taken to the local slaughterhouse as kids, we weren't
allowed in until straight after the bang as they didn't want the beast
scared by a noisy class but most of us shut up when we saw the bullock
rolled out of the crush still twitching.

Oddly, I think more of us were more impressed by our visit to the shoeing
smith, a brave man to handle a massive, presumably bomb proof, draught
horse
in front of twenty boys. The fire, noise and smell of scorching hoof was a
real surprise to most of us.

After the animal is dead, a butcher carves it up and cooks it -

Now that is disgusting. It will be practically inedible and taste nothing
like they are used to. I hope he really cheats and serves some of one he
killed earlier that has been properly hung. Giving someone hour-dead pig
to eat is likely to put them off eating pork for ever.

Let's hope they show some halal and kosher ie.truly barbarous
slaughter.

Overy emotive again. It needn't be any more dramatic than 'conventional'
slaughter.

Then kids will realise how ethical eating game one has
hunted oneself really is ie. bushmen, Inuit, kowri and other
aboriginal peoples who are often thought of as uncivilised by townies.

The strange rules townies come up with are directly opposed to sensible
eating. A while ago we were involved with a series of school parties on
field trips - discontinued now as they can't get teachers prepared to take
on the mountain of paperwork. One highlight was always the end of course
beach barbecue. Whilst it was always all right to serve cut-price,
supermarket own-brand burgers and fourteenth rate sausages and own-brand
fish-fingers we were never allowed to cook and eat fish or shellfish taken
directly from the foreshore.

Daft. Cheerio,

--

http://www.farm-direct.co.uk/

And the relationship to politics is?

You crossed off uk.rec.gardening again Alan

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field