Old 08-03-2007, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Looking for walkway planting recommendations

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in
6.121:

FragileWarrior
:

I'm looking for some suggestions as to what to plant along a 20'
walkway to our front door. One side of the walkway will see full sun
while the other side will see quite a bit of shade.

I just priced boxwood and almost fainted.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If it has flowers occasionally,
that would be nice but not a necessity. I'd like to to be perenial,
low- growing and controllable either by natural growth patterns or
with clippers. Low cost is definitely a deciding factor since I
might want to continue the plantings on other boundries on the
property.

I'm in west central Indiana. Zone 5c.

Hon, I've not see the area you want to plant. Would daylillies work
with the amount of sun you have?

Michael

Hmmm... they would and I love daylilies but I have them in other places
and I'd have to think seriously about putting them along the walkway,
too. The best thing about daylilies is that they are free around here.
Free is good.