Old 08-03-2007, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Interest in Gardening

On 8 Mar, 00:40, Janet Tweedy wrote:
But you did this to Judith, so what makes the difference here?

OK. Just for you Janet - just one last time. If I get further
criticisms, further orders from anybody regarding this matter, I will
simply ignore it. I'm taking this time to answer you, because you have
asked me and to give my side of the story and I will leave it at
that.

Because I had mentioned that Judith was spending a long time on her
computer at her place of work, (after being told I had rotten teeth,
my clothe where dirty, that she had seen me in Scotland, my
organisation etc.) she got upset that I had mentioned her workplace.
Fair enough. That was my intention indeed, to shut her up. But she
rang my office twice asking to speak to my husband, which is extremely
strange. Did she honestly expected I'd put her, a stranger, on the
phone to him? She then wrote to my colleague in London (she published
the letters here) thinking they were my employers, which they're not
and with this she tried to make me loose my job, which she cannot.

After my colleague rang me to ask me what was going on, I was terribly
ambarassed, he forwarded me her email too and it was terrible because
she had added the bit that Sacha had written about the French
translation of 'stupid' which I still concider as 'stupid' and nothing
else but which wasn't, according to Sacha and Judith. Many francophone
indeed agreed with me on urg. But this didn't make any difference. I
saw red and you would have as well. I admire my colleague, I value my
20 years relationship with him. I felt she had gone too far. I also
don't take orders from strangers, I do not let myself being walked
over in this way. I might appear dizzy, which I am, I make mistake,
I'm just human. I just couldn't beleive the incredible liberty with
which she rang my office, sent me emails, wrote to my colleagues etc.
It was too much and I reciprocated.

The only difference is that I really didn't think I'd be successful, I
never ever sink so low as to do something like this, but in retrospect
I don't regret any second of it because it has stopped her emails, her
letters to my colleague (they simply ignore her) and stopped her phone
calls. We've heard over and over again here not to do to others what
you don't want to be done to you. And that is what happened.

I would be furious if I was her. I really would. I didn't mean it to
come to this - but what is done is done. Nobody has indeed the right
to pursue someone to their workplace, trying to reach their husband,
trying to undermind relationships with someone else's colleagues,
criticise what they look like. But if the 'stalking' aspect of this
started with me dropping to Sacha's nursery on my way back from
Cornwall, I was stalked to Scotland whilst doing a community
consultation. How else would they have seen me with my long hair, my
long coat, my multitude of scarfes. We were freezing and I was very
tired. I had spent 3 days outdoors talking to hundreds of people. So
she must have came to Scotland to see me - how else she would have
known? She even posted the fact here! And that is very scary indeed.

This combine with the fact that I know for a fact that someone has
asked others via email to killfile me as resulted in me finding myself
in a 'troll' position and that hurts me immensely. But what do you
want me to do? If someone is found to be replying to me and getting
very friendly, they get the same treatment. Look at Jenny, look at
Uncle, even Martin got it a couple of days ago. The best thing is to
just ignore anyone telling you to killfile him/her, jump on the
dispute waggon and keep to the subject at hand which is gardening.

This is usenet - and as much as I would like to give you further
informations which I'm sure would put you even more in my shoes, I
just cannot without once again giving too many personnal info out to
be used to yet again further ammunitions. I think I've spoken enough
about myself.

I hope this clarify your question. I value your posts, I value
everydoby's posts for that matter, always, though as any other human
being, I do get a pang when I get put down unecessarily on the back of
someone else's post to me. If we do not have the time to read through
all the bumph that is being posted here, then one surely should just
keep to posts that are relevant to them, and keep their noses out of
somebody else's querels.