Old 08-03-2007, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default the planting season for medicinal herbs

On 8 Mar, 12:58, hugh_j wildpoppy@invalid wrote:
Martin wrote:
As things stand it is a criminal offence to plant a cannabis seed in
your garden. This situation has arisen as a result of long-term lobbying
by the drug companies.

Rubbish!

Not much of a counter-argument there.

As I understand it, it is ok to grow cannabis, but not ok to harvest,
dry, sell it and consume it. As for the other 'medicinal herbs', just
think about what you have said. Can you seriously immagine us being
stopped to grow hundreds upon hundreds of plants - because that's how
many there is with medicinal properties. And if I'm stop from growing
lavender, because beleive me I need it to keep me calm around here, I
wouldn't imagine to be the only gardener objecting ;o)