Old 08-03-2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
scfundogs scfundogs is offline

Default Looking for walkway planting recommendations

On 2007-03-08 12:03:46 -0500, FragileWarrior
said:

I like this version of it:
http://classygroundcovers.com/item--...ee-%7B50-Bare-
Root-plants%7D-muscari-Border-Grass--340

The drought resistant part works well, too, since we don't water outside
plants because of the cost of water here.

I don't know which cultivar I have. So many of the ones on that page
have purple flowers and green blades. Ours is in direct sun all day
(except about 2' of it which is shaded by the house) and is totally
dependent on rain. It can be hacked with the weed-eater, cut into with
the lawn mower and played in by frisky dogs who like cool grass and
still always look beautiful. It even looks great in the winter. I
think you'd literally have to dig it up and leave it out to dry to kill
it. Here's some pics of mine from both sides...ignore the dogs.

http://homepage.mac.com/taraosment/m...toAlbum19.html

--
Tara