Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Brussels Sprouts

On Mar 8, 10:17�am, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

Anne Jackson writes
With the amount of clay in my garden, it's like setting them in cement!

But so is mine, clay and flint I mean. The sprouts and calabrese all
fall/bend over and I have to put quite strong stakes in to support them.
What varieties do you grow?

Whichever variety the nurseryman was selling that year...?

I never paid much attention, TBH! *G

--
AnneJ

"Better To Die On Your Feet Than Live Forever On Your Knees"
Dolores Ibaruri (La Passionaria)

I just wonder if you are planting them deep enough.
David Hill
abacus Nurseries