Old 08-03-2007, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Wastebin sensors

On Mar 8, 7:58�am, "Dave Liquorice" wrote:

B-) *The only stuff that goes in the green recycle bin are nasties we
don't want to compost here. Things like thistle, ragwort etc. Cheers * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dave. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * pam is missing e-mail

This is the sort of thing that has me very worried about "Council
compost"
Nobody knows just what "Nasties" are going in, such as wood from dying
trees and shrubs, dormant pests etc.
It just wants a batch of infected bits from a tree with sudden oak
deats or something similar to spread the infection to a wide area.
I either compost, chip/shread or dare I say it BURN. anything that has
any sighj of infection, either pest/ virus or anything else gets
Burned
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries