Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Looking for walkway planting recommendations

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:20:51 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

I'm looking for some suggestions as to what to plant along a 20' walkway
to our front door. One side of the walkway will see full sun while the
other side will see quite a bit of shade.

I just priced boxwood and almost fainted.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If it has flowers occasionally, that
would be nice but not a necessity. I'd like to to be perenial, low-
growing and controllable either by natural growth patterns or with
clippers. Low cost is definitely a deciding factor since I might want to
continue the plantings on other boundries on the property.

I'm in west central Indiana. Zone 5c.

Monkey grass is different than lilyturf. The two below links will show
Liriope.

http://magnoliagardensnursery.com/pr...ope_Aztec.html

The below will show you lillyturf, Ophiopogon.
http://classygroundcovers.com/cat---...FQc1gQodBglLlQ

Neither of these is an option for you as they are not hardy much
further north than zone 7.