Old 09-03-2007, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Looking for walkway planting recommendations

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:47:20 -0500, scfundogs

On 2007-03-08 18:16:58 -0500, Jangchub said:

Monkey grass is different than lilyturf. The two below links will

show
Liriope.

I often see labels here in SC say Monkey Grass aka Lily Turf. This
link to Daves Garden shows it as Liriope Muscari with the common names
of Lily Turf, Monkey Grass, Lilyturf and the synonym of Ophiopogon
muscari.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1612/index.html

Common names mean nothing to me. The point is, neither of these are
suitable for the climate of the original poster and they are different
plants, altogether, but look alike. The labels are wrong and should
give the botanical name which makes the name universal.

Oh well, until spring planting time comes, we might as well discuss
whatever we want to discuss. I always check zone recommendations before
I buy so everyone might as well just chime in with their favs -- maybe
other people will benefit. shrug