Old 19-02-2003, 07:27 AM
R & L Porter

Default Sombreuil and Spring roses

"Lessa" wrote in message

I also ordered Sombreuil from Pickering earlier in the fall for delivery
this spring. I am not sure about its hardiness but I figure why not give

it
a try. I love this rose, I just hope it grows in my zone 6 garden

Lessa

Hi Lessa,

I am guessing you are in Newfoundland? the *mun* part in your
email addy is what makes me deduce this. Correct me if I am
wrong!

What other roses, if any, do you grow?

I think you will be better off in your zone 6 garden than I, providing
your rose gets as much snow cover/protection as my babies have
been getting the past few years. It is a bit scary, as it is lulling me
into a false sense of security. All it would take is one cold winter
with little snow cover to kill at least a dozen of the less hardy
roses. I like to live on the edge, I guess.

Or maybe I am just too lazy (more likely)

Laura