Old 09-03-2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default can't read articles older than about 9 days - help!

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
I'm using a news server called aioe.org, and for some reason I can't read
anything that is more than about 9 days old.

I realize that this isn't directly garden related, but it really affects
my ability to read older gardening usenet articles in here.

Can anyone suggest another free usenet server that doesn't seem to get
rid of messages until they are at least two weeks old? Sometimes I don't
get on here all that often, so I'd like to be able to read articles
several weeks back.

I'm using outlook express as my news reader, so if there is some setting
in there that might affect this, please tell me!

Thanks

Click Tools, then Options, and check the various tabs. See if you can spot
the appropriate option. Exploring is a good way to learn. If you don't find
the right thing, come back & tell us.

It's always possible that your news server discards messages older than 9
days, but that's pretty short.