Old 09-03-2007, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default rhurbarb

On 9 Mar, 17:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
Strange, then, that I've had rhubarb growing in a compost bin for over
four years now....you _do_ talk the most incredible rubbish sometimes!

I don't really need nor deserve that kind of treatment Anne, I really
don't. I haven't done nor say anything to you to justify this. So easy
on the language and especially the attitude.

What do you find strange? You've had your rhubarb growing in your
compost bin? I have potatoes, oinions, tons of cascading nasturtiums
growing from my composts and a comfrey which has been in there for
well over 4 years.

What have I said above which would suggests you cannot grow things
from your compost area? No, I haven't.

Growing rhubarb in a pot for several years you would not have the best
harvest from your rhubarb and it's not a good advice. It has massive
roots and you'd end up killing the plant, let alone cracking your
pot!.

Easy on the language please or I won't read you any more.