Old 09-03-2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology
Adam Funk Adam Funk is offline

Default Shredded Paper in Compost Pile

On 2007-03-09, William Rose wrote:

Any limitations on how much? My compost pile is newly started and I've
not composted in far too many distant years past so wanted to double
check.

Just one caution, paper is very, very carbon intense, so you should also
add an extra dose nitrogen-rich material to compensate. Lots of fresh
grass, for example, or some urea (or other high-N fertilizer).

And that's free of charge.

Shave your pubes and add some hair.

It's too early in the morning for this for me, maybe after aperitifs,
definitely after digestives.

I would worry about salts in the urea, especially if it is beer based.

Beer-based? If beer makes up the majority of your diet, you won't be
able to get any gardening done.

If you have wolf based dogs, dogs with an undercoat, they will be
dumping a lot of hair right about now that can be sown/turned into the
garden. Better known as slow release nitrogen.

And knitting sweaters (I've seen a book on this).

--
Leila: "What if he's innocent?"
Agent Rogersz: "No one is innocent."